TELUS Refer-a-Friend Program Terms and Conditions
Here's how it works:
- All TELUS customers will need to login with their My Account credentials to access the TELUS Mobile and Home referral platform.
- In the TELUS Mobile and Home referral platform, an existing customer can send a referral through e-mail, various social media channels or SMS.
- Once the referral is sent, the family member/friend will be sent an email prompting them to fill out a “Request Service” form on the referral platform.
- After your family member/friend activates one or more eligible TELUS Service(s) (which include Optik TV, Satellite TV, Home Phone, Internet, or Mobility postpaid account), you will receive a reward valued at $50 for each eligible service they activate.
4.1. Home Services activations (Optik TV, Satellite TV, Internet or HomePhone) will be rewarded with a $50 Virtual MasterCard® for each eligible service your family member/friend activates. These rewards will be emailed to you, to a maximum of $200 per year for activated Home Solutions products.
4.2. Mobility postpaid account activations will be rewarded with a $50 bill credit applied to your account after the mobility service is activated. The referral credit will show up on your next bill after your family member/friend activates their new service (approximately 3-4 weeks), to a maximum of $300 per year for activated Mobility postpaid accounts.
Once a referral is received, the family member/friend has fourteen days to fill out the “Request Service” form on the referral platform
The family member/friend must install one or more eligible TELUS Service(s) (which includes Optik TV, Satellite TV, Home Phone, Internet or Mobility postpaid account) no more than 30 days after filling out the “Request Service” form. A $50 bill credit will be applied to their account for each eligible service installed at the time of booking the installation. The referral credits will show up on their next bill.
Activations for Mobility postpaid accounts done through a TELUS corporate store or dealer will need to be verified with the TELUS agent that originally contacted the customer.
Term and conditions:
- To make a referral as part of the Program, you must be a current TELUS customer with at least one active service.
- TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this Program.
- You and your referrals have to accept the Program Terms to participate in the Program.
- To be eligible for referral rewards, you must (i) explain the Program to your referrals and obtain consent from each referral to use their personal information for the purpose of sending them the referral and (ii) abide by these Program Terms. Referrals must provide consent to use of their personal information in order to participate in the Program
- For referrers with Mobility as their active service, and referees who activate Mobiltiy service, you and your referrals must have postpaid accounts – the program is not available to prepaid customers. Please note, business and corporate accounts are also not eligible for this credit.
- There is no limit to the number of referral offers you can send to your friends, with a maximum of 4 referral rewards per successful referral. 1 for each Home Service plus 1 for any Mobility Service your Referee installs as a result of your referral.
Referral rewards are limited as follows:
- Home Solutions - $200 per calendar year
- Mobility - $300 per calendar year
- The referral credit is not available for referring existing customers who are renewing their service contract with TELUS.
- Referees cannot accept more than one referral offer as part of this Program. If they receive multiple offers, a referral reward will be applied to the account of the current TELUS customer whose referral they accepted through the Program.
- TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to a your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
- TELUS may end the Program or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any referral rewards or credits.
All information collected by the referral form will be used for the purposes of the referral program only. Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.
Active Service is defined as a working Home Phone, TV, Internet or Mobility subscription that is in the referrer's name and in good standing (credit).